Friday, February 1, 2013

January Resolution: Success or complete bust??


Good day!

 So I bet you’re sitting there..in anticipation, DYING to know how my “sober” January went. Well, first let me just say…in order to succeed, you must first fail. In short, sober January, wasn’t very sober. I lasted about 9 days and then peer pressure/random Thursday night shenanigans took control of me..and then the weekend preceded those actions. What can I say? I am a sucker for a goodtime??

 I will say, that Karma is horrible bitch goddess. I put out into the universe AKA Facebook, that I was going to sober up for 1 month and alas I did not. SO, my first weekend back into it, JUST as we were getting ready to get  a cab, I tripped over a friend and ended up spraining my foot..OUCH! But I am SUCH an all-star that I went out anyways and danced on it all night. Needless to say, the next day I did NOT feel like much of an all-star..in fact I didn’t feel much of anything; minus the BLINDING foot pain. So for about a week after that I limped around, swearing at myself for my drinking failure and lack of will-power (DAMN YOU good times!!). By the time the NEXT weekend rolled around, my sprain-pain had subsided but now I was in a whole NEW kind of pain..on the OTHER side of my foot. The pain was so excruciating, that I layed on the couch for 2 days barely able to move around, and the thought of drinking just irritated me, since THAT was the reason I was in this hot mess!  By Monday morning, I had HAD it! I figured it was pain related to my previous weekends injury, so I went to the doc’s to find out if I MAYBE broke something..or had jaundice of the toe…

 SO, turns out..I had Gout. Yea…GOUT! It was apparent at this moment, the universe was against me and telling me this was a sign to cut out the drinking…for now anyways. IF you don’t know much about gout (I’m a poet and I don’t even know it..HA), it can be brought on my alcohol and/or poor diet…BOTH of which I was going off, as partying leads to next morning grease…it just goes hand in hand. SO, all in all my judgmental reader, the first months resolution did not pan out as expected..at least I’ve have 2 sober weekends and I don’t drink during the week…except that random Thursday…!!! Just trying to think about the positive…Alas, I am off the sauce for LONG time, seriously this time…just TRY and stop me!!!

 

Have a glorious weekend!!

 

Love, Laura xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment