Saturday, May 14, 2011

A letter to me...

Good day good lookin'! I realize I have no blogged in a while, but give a girl a break! Life gets busy, and to be honest I have had this idea for a couple weeks now, and seriously, every day I'm like "i gotta do that blog..".."gotta get that blog done...", etc. SO HERE IT IS!!!! It is a letter I am writing to myself...my 16 year old self. Given that, that doesn't need an explanation, here goes...


"It takes courage to grow up and be who we really are" ~ E.E Cummings.



Dear 16-year-old Me,

       I wish I could've gotten this letter to you sooner, but you and I both know we're procrastinators. Speaking of procrastinating, maybe we should put that term into real life. As in, START procrastinating this whole "growing up" thing. You have SO much time to see the world and fall in love!  Sleep in, eat junk food (well maybe eat less..lol) and laugh with friends until you cannot breath, and take TOO many pictures, which thankfully you already do!. Because let me tell you...TIME FLIES! Cherish all those moments, only the good ones, and forget the bad!

      Also, don't take high school too seriously, these moments will not sum up your entire life, and to people who think it will, aren't worth a moment more of your time. I know that you think this is what life REALLY is on the outside, but trust me when I say it isn't. trust me when I say, that when you finally graduate (which you will..successfully!) and leave this small town, you'll learn a lot more than you ever thought possible....and just to warn you, skinned knees are a lot easier to heal than broken hearts, which, being the girl I know best, you'll manage with impeccable comedic sarcasm.

     There will be plenty of bumps in the road, and a few..well okay, A LOT of great times...some you'll remember and some..you may not (you'll realize what I'm talking about in a couple years). Bottom line is that, these "bumps" will shape you into the most amazing and strong, genuine person you are today, i should know, I know her quite well. Also, stop caring SO much about what people think about you. It really doesn't matter in the end! And i forgot to mention, through all the broken hearts and crash n burn loves...you WILL meet someone amazing! He will be everything you asked for and more.

    Bottom line, stay up late, spend frivolously, gossip about that person in class, STUDY more, and just LIVE.  You have so much to see and do, you have no idea how truly beautiful your life will become and how happy you will be!

Love always,
    your 25-year-old self xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment