Tuesday, August 13, 2013

"Without music, life would be a Mistake"




Aloha! I thought I'd change up my usual "Good day!" in hopes that you now picture yourself on a beach...perfect. Getting right into the heart of the matter, like the title says...life would be a mistake. I got thinking today on my trip home, almost EVERY moment of my life has been surrounded by music. There are very few "silent" moments. I always need to be listening to it one way or another.  I am a music fanatic and I really feel there is an appropriate song, for every moment in life.  If you have the app 'Songza", then you know what i am talking about. You can literally put on music for ANY mood you are in. Seriously, whether its "Breaking up" or "making love", there is a topic on that App for ANYTHING! (..even vacuuming!)

So I thought I'd collaborate a list of 10 songs I will listen to for the rest of my life (..and not get sick of!) and for the hell of it, I'll explain WHY these songs mean so much to me.

1) Lifehouse - "Everything" This song has gotten me through some crappy relationship times. Its a great sloooow song and can make you smile, and in MANY cases, cry your eyes out if needed..depending what mood you're in when you hear it.

2) Usher - "Numb"  THIS song has gotten me through SO many things! I won't get into detail, but sometimes as he says in the song, you just need to go numb and forget about everything and do what you gotta do for YOU!

3) Miranda Lambert - "The house that built me  This song will always remind me of where I came from, and how sometimes a big city can change you. You get lost and sometimes forget who you once used to be.

4) Adele - "Love song" This is a cover she did by "The Cure" and every time I hear it it brings me back to the FIRST time I heard it, and it was with someone who I care about, an immense amount (..you might even say..Love, but that'll be our secret!) and, without going into detail, its very personal and the lyrics are perfect.

5) Limp Bizkit - "Break Stuff" I know this isn't a typical "emotional" song, but ever since I discovered this band, I have rocked out to this song whenever I'm having a BAD day.

6) Tone Loc - "Funky Cold Medina" I know what you're thinking.."um..what?". But THIS song will forever remind me of my dad! Every time he drives me home on (most) Sundays, we ALWAYS listen to this song and he does this strange impression of the "night at the Roxbury" head bob. I'm seriously laughing while writing this...ha ha.

7)Kelly Clarkson - "Maybe" The lyrics "I don't want to be tough..And I don't want to be proud. I don't need to be fixed and I certainly don't need to be found, I'm not lost..I need to be loved" describe me to a "T". This whole song does actually.

8) Kenny Chesney - "Young" This was my high school grad song, and every time I hear it, it takes me right back to those moments.

9) Staind - "So far away" Really anything by staind will be played until my last god given breath. But this song reminds me of when I finally got my shit together in life, but yet still is relatable to now.

10) Backstreet Boys - "All I have to Give" With my never ending love for these 5 beauties, I had to put at least ONE song by them in, and this one has always been my favorite. It takes me back to good ol' Grade.8 and the posters, CD's, video tapes...memorizing EVERY dance move and lyrics...ah to be young again.

Ah well, that's the list. There are a million songs that I will forever listen to, but these will always be some of me all time favorites of all time!  Please feel free to let me know some of your favorites...perhaps they will become one of mine!

Love, Laura xoxox

                                  "Music is my religion" - Jimi Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment